1.4

First the good.The are very good looking doors.

Ok, done with the good. Honestly the torrefied doors are just a terrible product. I purchased three of them for my home, against the advice of my salesman, because I thought they looked nice and I bought into the hype of the good story about the torrefication process and warranty. There was not much information out there on the doors, so I am trying to do my part to increase awareness of why you should run from these doors.

Seriously, you should not even bother reading the rest of this review. Just pick another door. They are overpriced, which I knew buying, but at that time I thought it would be a good product and I was buying "quality". Not so much.

Their lead time is insane, again which I knew and planned for, but the lead time caused problems when one of my doors was damaged and I had to wait almost two months to get the door replaced. As other reviews have stated, just because they send a bad product does not mean they are going to rush the new door, so be prepared to wait. And wait. Though I read about it, I am not too sure what the torrefication process entails.

My assumption at this point is very little as the doors mildewed, cracked and show signs of damage at the same level as any other wood door. I have had them treated twice in two years. Not sure what the benefit, and uncharged, of torrification is for if they behave just like, you know, a normal wooden door. The biggest issue is that all three doors have gotten condensation between the Windows.

Including a door that is under a portico and has never gotten wet. This door also had the updated installation instructions about needing a bead of silicone around the glass. When I bought them two years ago you only needed to overrun the door finish onto the glass. Obviously they have had issues with condensation in the Windows and they tried to fix it by making you add the silicon.

Do note, the silicone will not look good when added, because it is a goopy product and even my most anal painter could only do so much to make it look tolerable. Nor will it prevent the condensation. So the silicone will not protect the door, but it will make it less attractive. I am not too sure what else to say.

They are a bad product. The worst product I have in my entire house.

They are so bad that Mario Lemieux should consider suing the company for tarnishing his good name.Pick a different door.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of torrefied door. Lemieux Door needs to "i am only like" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned torrefied door in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Lemieux Door.

Had an Experience with Lemieux Door?

Comments